Sylvia Marie Likens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamlover

Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Empty
PostSubject: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:45 am

I know that some people have forgiven Sylvia's killers for what they did to her, but I simply cannot forgive them because they caused so much pain. I'm sure you can understand that Sylvia's killers didn't just cause her pain, they caused pain for all the people who loved Sylvia and befriended her while she was alive. I know I can't change the opinions of those who have sympathy for her killers. That's honestly not what I'm trying to do. It is each persons choice whether or not they want to forgive, but us, over here, and the majority of us on the pink board, would rather not hear about how you could forgive someone who killed in cold blood, and never even gave Sylvia a chance. I can safely agree to disagree and just not comment on threads that talk about forgiving the perpetrators, because I don't want to fight about it. However, I wholeheartedly agree with those who don't have sympathy for what those sick people did to Sylvia.

Would you have sympathy for the murderer of your own child? What if someone didn't murder your child, but ended up raping your child? Would you have sympathy then? If your child was Still alive, you'd do everything you could to keep that person in jail and keep the perpetrator away from your child. Why in the world would it be any different if your child was murdered? I know there are many people who would never have sympathy for someone who murdered a family member, and some choose to forgive so that they can let go of that anger, but the majority of the world hasn't forgiven THESE perpetrators.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:55 am

I have no sympathy for them, either.  They not only killed her, but tortured her for months till their abuse finally did her in.  Starvation, beatings, burning, and even denying her water. They did that to another human being with no reason in their minds except that they didn't see her as another human being.

When I read the HOE and the transcripts, I cannot comprehend such evil. Some people have even posted that Sylvia "sent something off in Gertrude".  That is like blaming the rape victim for being raped, because their skirt was too short.  It was a crime of opportunity brought on by a sadistic woman.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:22 am

I can't understand why they didn't see her as a human being. When each and every fleshly person gets burned, they scream at the top of their lungs because they are in so much pain. How in the world could they not comprehend that they were causing her pain?

I agree that saying that "Sylvia set something off in Gertrude" is like blaming Sylvia for what happened. Gertrude had no right to hurt Sylvia no matter what. Sylvia may have made some mistakes in her life because of inherited imperfection, but I don't think she made any serious mistakes. When a person is that young, they're still learning, and they will no doubt make many mistakes. No mistake that she could've made was EVER worthy of that kind of treatment.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:39 am

And even if Sylvia did sleep with a boy, that wouldn't make her a prostitute. I don't think Sylvia slept with anyone, I'm just giving a hypothetical situation. If she did sleep with someone, it would most likely be with someone she loved. That wouldn't make her prostitute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:27 pm

I think in today's courtroom, none of what they brought about Sylvia being with a boy underneath the covers would even be allowed as testimony, or struck from the record. It's totally irrelevant, and had nothing to do with the crime.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:18 pm

I agree, Cathy.

I need to read and study more. I most likely won't be on here for a while because I have some reading to catch up on. I'm not in school or anything, I just like to read a lot so I can learn more. I actually stopped for a while, but I want to start doing that again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:45 pm

I love reading, too. I have three books to get through at the library. I keep getting distracted, but Johnny is going to make a copy of the movie The Lovely Bones so I can get it to you.

Last edited by katherine on Tue May 27, 2014 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:48 pm

dreamlover wrote:
And even if Sylvia did sleep with a boy, that wouldn't make her a prostitute. I don't think Sylvia slept with anyone, I'm just giving a hypothetical situation. If she did sleep with someone, it would most likely be with someone she loved. That wouldn't make her prostitute.

I remember a discussion something like this before on another forum, and even a prostitute or any woman who slept around would not deserve the torture and horror that Sylvia had received.  Why Sylvia's status of virginity was ever brought up at trial was very insulting and ridiculous. It had nothing to do with why Gertrude tortured and murdered her.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:15 am

katherine wrote:
dreamlover wrote:

I remember a discussion something like this before on another forum, and even a prostitute or any woman who slept around would not deserve the torture and horror that Sylvia had received.  Why Sylvia's status of virginity was ever brought up at trial was very insulting and ridiculous. It had nothing to do with why Gertrude tortured and murdered her.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Cathy. Even if people are prostitutes, they aren't deserving of torture of any kind. Because of imperfection, we all have skeletons in our closets, but that doesn't mean that anyone deserves to be tortured.

By the way, don't fret about the movie. Just ship it to me whenever you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 am

I was thinking....Maybe they brought up Sylvia's medical proof of virginity to show that all the lies that Gertrude was saying about her were untrue.  She accused Sylvia of everything in the book, including running with a married man, and going with a gang of boys.  

So that may be the reason they brought it up to show how vicious and hateful Gertrude was.  But even so, like we both know, no one would deserve to die that way.  

Thanks, I will get the movie to you soon Smile My mom watched it, and really liked it. She has strict religious beliefs, but she really liked the movie. I'm glad she's starting to open her mind a little bit.
Back to top Go down
murphysmom

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

I read the transcripts of this crime in preparation for becoming a CPS worker. I could hardly believe that people could treat another person in such a manner. I would never forgive some one who treated my daughter or sister this way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 am

I agree, murphysmom, and welcome.  I could never forgive someone who treated my daughter or sister like this, either.  There are some who say we should never judge, but how do you not do this in a case like this?  And thank you for posting.
Back to top Go down
murphysmom

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 am

IMHO, whether Sylvia slept with a boy or not is immaterial. What did that matter? The fact of the matter is that these monsters tortured Sylvia. I think what bothers me the most is that the majority of them were able to live their lives; to marry; to have children. Sylvia did not have that chance. They took that from her. No chance to live her life, in peace or otherwise. I believe their right to live a peaceful & normal life died with Sylvia.
Back to top Go down
Desiree

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:42 am

Hi everybody, Sylvia's murder really burned a fire in me! I cant ever fathom how people can be so cruel, especially a mother. How she manipulated the parole board to let her out early is beyond me. I have to believe that none of them had ever been a victim of a crime. Because if they had, they would have never let this sociopath out of prison. The only thing that is keeping me from going ballistic is that she died after five years of being free. I am sure those five years were miserable for her. She couldnt have lived a very social life because she probably figured alot of people knew who she was and what she did. I was kind of mad at Jenny, the sister, for not sticking up for Sylvia. I have younger siblings and I remember getting in lots of fights to protect them from bullies. And I was not a fighter, but when I saw my siblings getting picked on it brought out the fighter in me. How this sister didnt have that in her, no matter how scared she was. But then I wasnt in her shoes, so that is why i try not to judge her too harshly, plus she was young and had a disability. At least she did the right thing at the trial. But that made me wonder if maybe Jenny was really scared, or really just a little jealous of Sylvia too. It seems that Sylvia really evoked that jealousy spirit in young girls and Gertrude. I dont know if Sylvia was as sweet as she looked, but it doesnt matter, she should never have been tortured and abused the way she was. And for Coy's son to tell people to get over it, what if that would have been his sister, and a strange boy gave her the blow that most likely ended her life, would he be able to "get over it"? I highly doubt it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?   Sympathy for Sylvia's killers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sympathy for Sylvia's killers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sylvia Marie Likens :: General Forum :: General Forum-
Jump to: