Sylvia Marie Likens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Justice Really Served?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Was Justice Really Served? Empty
PostSubject: Was Justice Really Served?   Was Justice Really Served? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/the-murder-of-sylvia-likens-was-justice-really-served/

My answer to my own question: No, justice was not served. This murder was torturous and heinous, one of the worst there has ever been. All of those involved should have either received the death penalty or received life in prison with absolutely no parole. Which means that Paul, John and Coy should STILL be in prison. I read on one blog where Coy’s child complained that people still did not like his dad because of this and even had the nerve to say that it was in 1965 – people should get over it. What the hell??? Give me a break. My anger was so bad I did not respond, but many others did. This was a person’s life we are talking about. She did not deserve what was done to her. And we should leave these monster’s alone? This child of Coy’s should be happy that they were even born, as Coy should STILL be in prison and there til the day he dies. He, as well as John and Paula should think every single day of their lives about the life that they took. I hope (but doubt) that they feel complete and total remorse for their actions, all of them. They all participated and did nothing to help Sylvia. I do realize that Gertrude was the one who was in charge and ordered them to do these things, but not one of them said no nor did any of them tell another adult or police officer or anyone of authority. They did not care about her. So, personally, I don’t care about them. I care about Sylvia, and am sad for the life she did not get to live, for her life cut way too short.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Was Justice Really Served?   Was Justice Really Served? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:43 am

I don't think Justice was served either. When it comes to heinous crimes, where someone was killed in cold blood and they end up getting Life In Prison, I think it should mean Life In Prison and I don't think they should even be able to apply for parole.
Back to top Go down
murphysmom

PostSubject: Re: Was Justice Really Served?   Was Justice Really Served? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 am

Justice was definitely NOT served. I couldn't believe that after trying to escape from prison TWICE that Paula was let out. Gertrude, Paula, Richard Hobbs, Coy Hubbard, and John Jr. should have died in prison. I also feel that Stephanie was guilty - even though she made a deal & claimed that she was innocent & that she should have died in prison as well.
Back to top Go down
Desiree

PostSubject: Re: Was Justice Really Served?   Was Justice Really Served? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 am

They needed someone from Gertrudes Family to confirm what Jenny was saying. And that was because Gertrude continued to deny that she knew anything about it. Stephanie must have had a good lawyer, or a good advocate, because they knew exactly how to get her off. The younger kids were too young to be considered credible witnesses, at that time, remember it was in the 60's, things were a little different back then, and Indiana is considered the Bible Belt. Plus their church was involved, and not one member came forward to ask about Sylvia. And if the pastor did, why didnt he check out Gertrude's story, he knew what kind of girl Sylvia was, it seemed like he had a close relationship with his congregation. Sylvia was known to have been a church going girl. Nobody seemed to care that this young girl was missing from school, or church. And this is Indiana were talking about, and nobody was going to make the church look like it dropped the ball. This young girl was neglected from every angle. I just saw the movie, and did some research and read the court transcripts. This young girl did not get the justice she deserved. Gertrude should never have gotten out, and Paula should have served longer, but they were both alike and knew how to manipulate people and systems to their advantage. One of them did some research because in jail it is easy to do research in law books about your case. They have all the time in the world to read and research. So i think it was Paula who figured out that she had a chance to get out on that technicality, and then somehow Gertrude was given the given that same information. Probably family members that either wrote or visited them both. I am just glad that Paula never got her child back, and that she was fired from her job for lying about who she was and her conviction. She did not change one bit. I love this forum. I used to work as an assistant to a high profile attorney and he taught me how to do legal research and how the courts work in cases like this. They all want the main perpetrator. So whatever they have to achieve that they will. But I do know justice for Sylvia was served by God and there is no justice like God's justice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Justice Really Served?   Was Justice Really Served? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Justice Really Served?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sylvia Marie Likens :: General Forum :: General Forum-
Jump to: