Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Letter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dreamlover

PostSubject: The Letter   Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Why would Gertrude make Sylvia address the letter "To Mr. and Mrs. Likens?" Didn't she know that no one addresses their parents in such a formal manner? Or was she just stupid?

The police could tell right off the bat that it was a fake forced written letter because even the police know that no one addresses their parents that way. Gertrude must've seriously been stupid if she didn't realize that anyone would be able to tell that Sylvia was forced to write that letter simply because of how it was addressed.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuke

PostSubject: Re: The Letter   Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I also wondered about this many times.
I wonder if Gertie simply wanted to be sure that anyone who read the letter to believe that it was addressed to Sylvia's parents. But she did not realize that it also seemed very odd that Sylvia would appeal to her own parents in this way. The word choice must have been made by stupidity, it's the only explanation I can think of.
Back to top Go down

The Letter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1