Sylvia Marie Likens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conviction of Ricky Hobbs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamlover

Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Empty
PostSubject: Conviction of Ricky Hobbs   Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:41 pm

I used to believe that Ricky Hobbs should've received a second degree murder charge because of the branding that he did to Sylvia. However, then I read online about the reasons that a second degree charge would be given.

Reason 1: An Intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion."

Reason 2: A killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offenders' obvious lack of concern for human life.

Reading those reasons for issuing second degree murder has changed my mind. I honestly don't believe that Ricky intended to kill Sylvia, but I do think he had anger issues. His mother had cancer and she was dying, so I think he felt vulnerable at that time in his life. Whatever happened to him, he couldn't justify doing something so cruel like that.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin
broommy

PostSubject: Re: Conviction of Ricky Hobbs   Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:17 pm

I hardly ever actually think about Ricky Hobbs. People HATE him, and I am mixed on him. When I heard his voice and how he acted like he did not care, I get really grossed out. I also hate that he said that it did not matter if he felt bad or not.
I wonder if he was really pushed by Gert to do the branding on Sylvia. He actually could not finish it, and I wonder if that means that he was not evil and just in a bad situation.
He gets a really bad rap, because the branding is one of the most notable things about the crime.
Back to top Go down
https://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Conviction of Ricky Hobbs   Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:17 am

Yes, but Shirley and Ricky Hobbs branded the backwards S on Sylvia later in the basement with no urging from Gertrude.

I think to say he was sexually attracted to Gertrude, and did it for sexual favors is ridiculous.  I think he was just a sadistic weirdo with not much human empathy in him.  It had nothing to do with his mother dying of cancer.  Some people just lack real feelings, except for themselves.  He was only sorry that people hated him, later, for what he did.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Conviction of Ricky Hobbs   Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:41 am

broommy, I got grossed out for the same reasons. In that radio interview, it didn't seem like he was sorry for what he did, because he talked so casually as if he was talking to a friend. In my original post, I didn't mention anything about whether he was sorry for what he did or not, I just mentioned how he couldn't justify his actions. It was really stupid for him to get involved, and he was even more stupid for not telling anyone that Sylvia was being abused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conviction of Ricky Hobbs   Conviction of Ricky Hobbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conviction of Ricky Hobbs
Page 1 of 1