Sylvia Marie Likens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
broommy
Admin
broommy

How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:48 pm

I go back and forth with this one. Sometimes I feel horrible for them, but other times, I have a hard time feeling sympathy for them when they left Jenny with Leroy New. I think that they should have stayed with her after what happened to Sylvia. I also struggle with the way that Benny died all alone. I can not understand how this could have happened. I know that Lester was trying to contact him at this time, but it was too late. Also Danny is homeless right now and refuses help from Dianna. If the only tragic story with their children was Sylvia, I could accept that, but they have 4/5.
Back to top Go down
https://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com
sharon rose black

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Quote :
Sometimes I feel horrible for them, but other times, I have a hard time feeling sympathy for them when they left Jenny with Leroy New.

I think Lester and Betty loved their kids and tried to be good parents, but they did make a number of very poor choices. However, after everything Jenny had been through, it was probably best for her to stay with the News rather than being shuffled around during her parents' divorce.

Quote :
I think that they should have stayed with her after what happened to Sylvia. I also struggle with the way that Benny died all alone. I can not understand how this could have happened.

That is indeed tragic. Didn't he have PTSD? I think that might have been the root of the problem, especially if he was prone to mental illness to begin with.

Quote :
Also Danny is homeless right now and refuses help from Dianna.

I don't understand this either. It must be very hard for Dianna, since he is her only living sibling. But there is much we don't know, and probably never will know, about their family situation, and I can respect that.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:16 pm

They weren't the best of parents, but I do believe they loved their children. They just didn't know how to take care of them the right way.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:35 pm

I think that Betty should've lived with the New's along with Jenny for a while so that she could see how they treat her daughter.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin
broommy

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:49 am

I think that Lester and Betty should have stepped up and been parents.
Back to top Go down
https://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm

If I was their parent, my first thought would be "No, she can't live with you because of what happened to Sylvia." However, my second thought would be "Wait, maybe one of us (parents) could stay with Jenny there and see how things work out." I don't think Leroy New would mind, seeing as how he wouldn't have let anything happen to Jenny anyways. We know that because nothing did happen to her.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:10 pm

I understand what you mean though, broommy.
Back to top Go down
Justshazz

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 pm

I think Lester n Betty loved their children but can't understand them parting with Jenny after what happened wouldn't u as a parent want her close? Even more so after what she saw n went through

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?   How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Lester and Betty as parents?
Page 1 of 1