Sylvia Marie Likens

This forum is a place to discuss Sylvia Marie Likens and defend her agianst the Baniszewski family members on the old Yuku forum. Yes Sockrates on that forum is Paula's son. They used lies and manipulation to shut our other board down, but we are back.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gert, the old hag, get's paroled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dreamlover

PostSubject: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:08 am

There is no justice for Sylvia when her killers don't even serve the amount of time they should've been serving.

The boys that were convicted of Manslaughter (John Jr., Coy Hubbard, and Richard Hobbs) only served two years out of a 21 year sentence.

At first Paula was convicted of 2nd degree murder and got life imprisonment. Then her case was repealed and she testified in order to get a lesser sentence. She wanted to be found guilty of Manslaughter, so that's what happened and she served 2 more years and then got out of prison.

Gert was convicted of 1st degree murder and she got life imprisonment. After only serving 20 years, she was able to go free. None of these people really got the punishment they deserved. John Baniszewski Jr. Publicly apologized for the role he played in the torture abuse. Gert offered a half apology. She said she was sorry for what "happened." She didn't apologize for what role she played in it. In fact she said that she doesn't remember what role she played in it because she was on drugs at the time. I don't believe that she doesn't remember. Anyways, here's the video from Gert's parole.

Back to top Go down
sharon rose black

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 pm

I've seen this before, and it still sickens me, but I feel they're going to have to answer to a much Higher Power than the State of Indiana!
Back to top Go down
Ann85

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 pm

That revolting woman!
She was paroled the year I was born.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:49 pm

It is so sad that Jenny was crying like that. Only in Indiana would someone like that get paroled.
Back to top Go down
http://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:23 pm

I've seen this video once before, and cannot watch it again. That's how sick it makes me. If this crime had been committed in another state, like Texas, she would've fried, or at least never seen the light of day again. Indiana's justice system is fucked up in the extreme.
Back to top Go down
sharon rose black

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I live in Texas, and yes, she could very well have been fried here for that.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 pm

sharon rose black wrote:
I live in Texas, and yes, she could very well have been fried here for that.
Yes...Texas would have executed her for 1/10 of what she did. Don't mess with Texas.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 am

lol @ Broommy
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:41 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v75I5xuFftg
Back to top Go down
Ann85

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 pm

I have to say that robot creeped me out, lol.
But I like its British accent.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:16 pm

I never heard of anyone making videos about killers featuring a robot as the host, but I saw that and just thought I would add it here.
Back to top Go down
Ann85

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:04 pm

It's pretty informational. It goes into the backgrounds of both Gertrude and Sylvia.
Clearly, Sylvia had a clean slate, while Gertie had some personal problems if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Actually, I do not recall Gert ever living with Dennis SR. I also want to point out that Dennis Sr was only eighteen and he either joined the military, or he was drafted. There is some confusion about him being drafted, because the draft did not start until 1967. The most likely situation was his parents made him join, because they wanted him away from Gert. Keep in mind that Dennis was only 18. I don't think an 18 year old is mature enough to become a father to Gerts evil children. Gertrude was 34 and I think the irresponsibility in this situation should be assigned to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:51 am

Actually, I do not recall Gert ever living with Dennis SR. I also want to point out that Dennis Sr was only eighteen and he either joined the military, or he was drafted. There is some confusion about him being drafted, because the draft did not start until 1967. The most likely situation was his parents made him join, because they wanted him away from Gert. Keep in mind that Dennis was only 18. I don't think an 18 year old is mature enough to become a father to Gerts evil children. Gertrude was 34 and I think the irresponsibility in this situation should be assigned to her.

Very true. I never thought of that. Supposedly, he lived with Gert and the kids, but it seems he was just in a situation of going in and out as he pleased. He certainly wasn't around much for people to say they lived together from the looks of it, and having had a son who was 18 and now 20, Dennis Sr, certainly wasn't mature enough to be a father figure or provider to Gert and the kind of children she had. His parents probably did force him to join the army before the draft, and he never once associated himself with Gert or his own son to even care what happened to him. That he didn't even try for his son's sake tells me he didn't have much character of any quality, either. But then looked who he slept with.
Back to top Go down
broommy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 am

I would not judge him too harshly. Boys that age will sleep with anything. Young girls did not put out as much as they do now.
I think tricking an 18 year old into getting you pregnant, so he will marry you, is borderline statutory rape.  In all fairness, he may have tried to be in Dennis' life later, but he did not have that chance.  I know that he should have been more responsible about father hood, but what where his options? Back then a lot of boys joined the military instead of being drafted, so they would have more control over their military career.
What ever the case is here, I truly believe that this is the reason Gert snapped. I think she was sure he was going to marry her, and when he escaped, she went nuts. Then Paula came up pregnant, and she saw how sweet and innocent Sylvia was. It is also possible that Dennis SR made a remark about Sylvia or even flirted with her. You never know.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:01 am

John Jr. also said that Gert would have sex with Dennis right in front of the kids. That shows what a sick woman Gertrude was. The fact that she would make them watch is horrifying.

By the way, for anyone who is just learning about this case, John Jr. didn't say that during the trial, he said it when he was way, way older. If I'm correct, someone did an interview with him and he publicly apologized for his part in the abuse, and also talked about how Gert would sleep with Dennis in front of Johnny and the other children.
Back to top Go down
Ann85

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 am

broommy wrote:
I would not judge him too harshly.  Boys that age will sleep with anything.  Young girls did not put out as much as they do now.
I think tricking an 18 year old into getting you pregnant, so he will marry you, is borderline statutory rape.  In all fairness, he may have tried to be in Dennis' life later, but he did not have that chance.  I know that he should have been more responsible about father hood, but what where his options?  Back then a lot of boys joined the military instead of being drafted, so they would have more control over their military career.  
What ever the case is here, I truly believe that this is the reason Gert snapped.  I think she was sure he was going to marry her, and when he escaped, she went nuts.  Then Paula came up pregnant, and she saw how sweet and innocent Sylvia was.  It is also possible that Dennis SR made a remark about Sylvia or even flirted with her.  You never know.

This about Dennis Sr. would be very likely. I have read that he did live with Gert and the kids for a while, but he didn't stay around for long. If he was that young, he most likely would have been forced away from Gert by his parents. Maybe there's more to his relationship with Gert than what we know. But young boys who aren't ready to be fathers will leave their girlfriends. It happens all the time. I'm sure that his parents knew about Gert and her antics, so I wouldn't be surprised. I feel like one of the reasons she was so jealous of Sylvia was that Sylvia was such a likeable young lady. She was sweet 16 and had so much ahead of her in life, and Gert was already 37 years old. What drove her mad I'm sure was the male attention Sylvia was getting, while she was getting dumped. Sylvia by no means set out to intentionally cause drama or ask for attention. I think she had social boundaries, especially when it came to boys. Unlike Gert and Paula, who just threw themselves over every man they met.
Back to top Go down
dreamlover

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Why anyone would want to sleep with that ugly old hag is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gert, the old hag, get's paroled    

Back to top Go down

Gert, the old hag, get's paroled
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sylvia Marie Likens :: General Forum :: General Forum-
Jump to: